Adult and Family Services
The Adult and Family Services programs within the Community Services Division of Redwood Community Action Agency (RCAA) provide diverse and comprehensive services to clients who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, disabled, and are of low to moderate income.
A list of ongoing donation needs is listed underneath the program descriptions.
MULTIPLE ASSISTANCE CENTER (MAC)
The MAC is a program for homeless singles or couples who are motivated to finding permanent housing. In order to obtain a referral to the MAC, the individual or couple must contact their current Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Case Manager, through any of the various DHHS programs.
People interested in the program whom do not have a current connection to a DHHS Case Manager may be unable to obtain a referral to the MAC at this time and should contact the following agencies to be connected to other resources in the area.
- The Betty Kwan Chinn Day Center: (707)407-3833
- The Eureka Rescue Mission: (707)445-3787
- The Arcata House Partnership: (707)633-6184
- The Eureka St. Joseph's Resource Center: (707)442-5239)
PARENTS AND CHILDREN IN TRANSITION (PACT)
The PACT program serves homeless families with children (single moms, single dads or two parent families), pregnant women and families who are in reunification with their children.
This is a confidential, 3 month program with intense focus on finding permanent housing in Humboldt County. Staff provide case management, rehabilitative and support services for the entire family and community integration activities. Aftercare can also be provided for 3-6 months after permanent housing has been established.
Referrals for this program can be obtained through the Healthy Moms Program, Healthy Dads Program, Humboldt County Alcohol and Other Drugs Program and Child Welfare Services.
Our programs are currently in need of the following donated items:
- Blankets (twin size) - Good condition only please
- Men's shirts (sizes L, XL, XXL, or larger) - Good condition only please
- Men's and Women's belts of various sizes
- Collapsible cloth laundry hampers
- New men and women's socks - various sizes
- New men and women's underwear - various sizes
- Sweatpants - men's and women's various sizes
- Gently used or new jackets
- Gently used or new hat, scarves and gloves
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Feminine hygiene products (mentrual pads and tampons)
- Toiletries (deodorant, razors, shaving cream, body wash, etc.)
- Crock pots (gently used)
- Kitchen Items (To be given to Occupants upon exit from program) New or gently used: cups, plates, bowls, silverware, kitchen utensils, pots, pans, etc.
If you would like to make a donation to any of our programs, please call (707) 269-9590 x 0 to make arrangements for a drop off time and location.