Assisting Families to Access Change Through Resources (AFACTR) AmeriCorps is a program of the Redwood Community Action Agency. AFACTR is part of a statewide Child Welfare Redesign Program contracted through the Humboldt County Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and Prevent Child Abuse California in Sacramento.
The mission of the AFACTR AmeriCorps program is to strengthen Humboldt County communities and families through collaborative work with Family Resource Centers and Child Welfare Services. By providing families with basic case management, parenting lessons and increasing the awareness of local resources members are helping to: reduce family isolation, create healthy families and improve outcomes of children and families who are in need and/or at risk for child abuse. The primary purpose of the program is to help prevent child abuse in Humboldt County.
AFACTR AmeriCorps Members:
- Provide families with preventative case management
- Make referrals to families for needed local resources
- Teach Nurturing Parenting Lessons
- Participate in national service days
- Support positive family and community connections for children
AFACTR AmeriCorps is currently accepting applications. Positions are scheduled to begin in September 2014. All positions are full-time (1700 hours) for a 12 month term. Applications will continue to be accepted until all positions are filled. There will be members hired and placed throughout Humboldt County. Apply now to increase your chances!
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• U.S. citizen or legal resident
• High school graduate and some college
• Have good communication skills
Preferred qualifications include:
• Experience working with the public
• Social Service experience
• At least 2 years college course work
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish for some sites
• And, READY FOR A REWARDING AND CHALLENGING SERVICE!
Compensation and benefits: All members receive a yearly living allowance, an education award of $5,550.00 for completing a 1700 hour full-time term of service and student loans can be put in forbearance during the term of service. Other benefits include:
- Basic health insurance
- Child care allowance, if eligible
- Professional training and member development
- Social Service experience
- A supportive network of members and staff and participation in a nationwide movement of AmeriCorps members making a difference in our communities.
TO APPLY: go to my.americorps.gov and fill out an application. Then apply to AFACTR AmeriCorps on Corporation for National and Community Service website.
For more information on how you can become a member of AFACTR AmeriCorps call:
AFACTR Program Coordinator
Additional Pages for AFACTR AmeriCorps
- About Us
- Get Involved
- Job Opportunities
- Online Store