AmeriCorps AFACTR seeks new members
Additional Pages for AFACTR AmeriCorps
Locations: Blue Lake, Eureka, Fortuna, Manila, McKinleyville, Redway, and Willow Creek in HUMBOLDT COUNTY.
AFACTR AmeriCorps is currently accepting applications. Positions are scheduled to begin in September 2014. All positions are full-time (1700 hours) for a 12 month term. Applications will continue to be accepted until all positions are filled. There will be members hired and placed throughout Humboldt County. Apply now to increase your chances!
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• U.S. citizen or legal resident
• High school graduate and some college
• Have good communication skills
Preferred qualifications include:
• Experience working with the public
• Social Service experience
• At least 2 years college course work
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish for some sites
• And, READY FOR A REWARDING AND CHALLENGING SERVICE!
Compensation and benefits: All members receive a yearly living allowance, an education award of $5,550.00 for completing a 1700 hour full-time term of service and student loans can be put in forbearance during the term of service. Other benefits include:
- Basic health insurance
- Child care allowance, if eligible
- Professional training and member development
- Social Service experience
- A supportive network of members and staff and participation in a nationwide movement of AmeriCorps members making a difference in our communities.
TO APPLY: go to my.americorps.gov and fill out an application. Then apply to AFACTR AmeriCorps on Corporation for National and Community Service website.
For more information on how you can become a member of AFACTR AmeriCorps call:
AFACTR Program Coordinator