RCAA provides weatherization services to income eligible households. The Weatherization Program provides high quality energy efficiency and weatherization services for income qualified low to moderate households. The services are available for qualified renters and homeowners.
Val Martinez talks to KHSU's Danielle Orr about the Weatherization program. Click on the link below to hear the interview.
Additional Pages for Weatherization
RCAA crews employ the latest technology to identify the most energy saving methods for reducing energy waste, air pollution and related energy costs for the client. Crews also test appropriate appliances for health and safety issues.
Some of the measures we may offer include:
- Carbon Monoxide testing of all combustion appliances
- Installation of a Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Minor home repairs such as: repairing or replacing broken doors, windows, and other health and safety related issues
- Lighting Retrofits including: Replacement of standard light bulbs with energy-saving compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs, or hard wired fluorescent fixtures
- Replacement of standard showerhead and faucet aerators with water-saving devices
- Replacement of inefficient refrigerators (that are built prior to 1998) with an Energy Star refrigerator
- Installation of range hoods in mobile homes, as needed
- Installation of a programmable thermostat when possible
- Duct Repair and replacement.
- Installation of attic, floor, and duct insulation to reduce heat loss
- Heater and Water heater repairs.
- Microwave Replacement
As the cold weather approaches, most families across the country are turning up their thermostats to combat dropping temperatures. For low-income families, however, cranking up the heat is not always an option. These families pay 14.4% or more of their annual incomes for energy compared with only 3.3% for other non low-income families. The Weatherization Program is available to help make low-income households more energy efficient.
Monthly income guidelines currently are:
Family of 1: $1,996.89
Family of 2: $2,611.31
Family of 3: $3,225.74
Family of 4: $3,840.17
Family of 5: $4,454.59
Family of 6: $5,069.02
Family of 7: $5,184.23
For more information call: