September 19, 2019
- Thursday, 9/19: The September meeting of our Board of Directors will occur at our administrative office at 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, 9/20: The Community Bike Kitchen will be tabling at the Eureka Friday Night Market. They're going to have a bunch of these super cool t-shirts!
- Saturday, 9/21, Community Apple Pressing Day: Bring your apple harvest and containers out, and turn those extra apples into delicious cider! We'll provide the cider press. This event is in conjunction with the fine folks at Cooperation Humboldt and the North Coast Community Garden Collaborative.
- Friday, 10/4, Get Out and Ride: StepUp and the RAVEN Project invite folks aged 10-24 to bike the Eureka Waterfront Trail, from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Bikes & helmets will be provided!
- Sunday, 10/6, Abuelita's Garden Fall Workday: We will be amending the soil, adding wood chips to paths, weeding, and planting cover crop and other fall and winter plants. Come out and learn new garden skills, meet local gardeners, play in the dirt and enjoy music, food, and drinks! In collaboration with Food for People and the North Coast Community Garden Collaborative.
How do RCAA's programs impact you?
- Natural Resouces Services (NRS) works directly with Humboldt County community leaders, schools and parents to improve safety and encourage more children to safely walk and bicycle to school. NRS helps coordinate both the Greater Eureka and Humboldt County Safe Routes to School Task Forces.
- Teaching preschoolers oral health care is a result of the TOOTH program.
- Natural Resources Services works with community members, civic groups and local jurisdictions to enhance neighborhood street tree planting and support the development of community forests for public access and watershed protection.