October 23, 2019
- Sunday, 10/27, Abuelita's Garden Fall Workday: We will be amending the soil, adding wood chips to paths, weeding, and planting cover crop and other fall and winter plants. Come out and learn new garden skills, meet local gardeners, play in the dirt and enjoy music, food, and drinks! In collaboration with Food for People and the North Coast Community Garden Collaborative.
- Tuesday, 10/29, Community Walk and Observation on Golf Course Road: Golf Course Road community members, County Public Works, and Redwood Community Action Agency will hold a Community Walk and Observation along Golf Course Road to share ideas and highlight concerns to improve walking, biking, running, and rolling on Golf Course Road. The walk will be held on Tuesday, October 29 from 4pm to 6:30pm at Baywood Golf Club, 3600 Buttermilk Ln in Arcata. For those who cannot attend the walk nor arrive at 4pm, you are welcome to join the group back at Baywood Golf Club at 5:40pm or take an online survey to provide input to improve safety along Golf Course Road: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GolfCourseRoad
How do RCAA's programs impact you?
- Natural Resouces Services (NRS) works directly with Humboldt County community leaders, schools and parents to improve safety and encourage more children to safely walk and bicycle to school. NRS helps coordinate both the Greater Eureka and Humboldt County Safe Routes to School Task Forces.
- Teaching preschoolers oral health care is a result of the TOOTH program.
- Natural Resources Services works with community members, civic groups and local jurisdictions to enhance neighborhood street tree planting and support the development of community forests for public access and watershed protection.