AFACTR AMERICORPS SEEKS MEMBERS FOR THE 2015-2016 12 MONTH TERM OF SERVICE
Location: HUMBOLDT COUNTY – Arcata, Blue Lake, Eureka, Fortuna, Hoopa, McKinleyville, Redway, Rio Dell and Willow Creek.
AFACTR (Assisting Families to Access Change through Resources) AmeriCorps is a program administered by Redwood Community Action Agency and is currently accepting applications. Member positions are scheduled to begin on September 16, 2015. All positions are full-time (1700 hours) for a 12 month term of service. Applications will continue to be accepted until all positions are filled. Members will be placed at resource centers throughout Humboldt County. Apply now!
The mission of the AFACTR AmeriCorps program is to strengthen Humboldt County communities and families through collaborative work with Family Resource Centers and Child Welfare Services. By providing families with basic case management and increasing the awareness of local resources members are helping to: reduce family isolation, create healthy families and improve outcomes of children and families who are in need and/or at risk for child abuse. The primary purpose of the program is to help prevent child abuse in Humboldt County.
AFACTR AmeriCorps Members will:
*Provide families with preventative case management
*Make referrals for families to needed local resources
*Support positive family and community connections for children
*Teach Nurturing Parenting Lessons
*Participate in national service days
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• U.S. citizen or legal resident
• High School Graduate and some college
• Have good communication skills
Preferred qualifications include:
• Experience working with the public
• Social service experience
• At least 2 years college course work
• Proficient or bi-lingual in English and Spanish for select sites
TO APPLY: go to HYPERLINK "http://www.americorps.gov/interstitial_portal.asp" \t "_blank" my.americorps.gov and fill out an application.
Then apply to AFACTR AmeriCorps.
Youth Service Bureau is now hiring for the following positions:
CASE MANAGER / 2 FT / (updated payrate $14.00/hr)
Must be 21 years of age or older for all YSB positions.
- Click on the link for a complete announcement. Click on the Community Programs button on the right side for more information and for the official AmeriCorps employment application link. Do not fill out an rcaa job application.
Please use our REQUIRED APPLICATION form when applying for a posted position. You may also include a cover letter and resume with the application.
Please email, fax, mail or drop off the application to our main office by the deadline date which is listed on the announcement. If the position is open until filled, interviews will take place as we receive qualified applicants; so it is very important to get your application turned in quickly.
Our main office is located at 904 G Street, Eureka.
Please do not submit unsolicited applications or resumes without applications, we only accept applications for positions listed on this page.
Debby Bender, Director of Human Resources
Phone: (707) 269-2017 or (800) 800-9044 ext. 3017
Direct HR Fax: (707) 445-1519
Address: RCAA 904 G Street, Eureka, CA 95501
Applications (REQUIRED) can also be picked up at:
RCAA 904 G St. Eureka
1. Download the form and "save as" to your computer.
2. Fill out the form, scan and email it to email@example.com, fax it to (707) 445-1519; or drop off/send it to RCAA, 904 G Street, Eureka, CA, 95501.
To download the application in PDF format, you may need to install
- About Us
- Get Involved
- Job Opportunities
- Online Store