News & Events
November 26, 2019
Due to the inclement weather, the RAVEN Project will not be open for Queer Coffee House this evening. It will resume next week, on December 3rd as per usual. Stay safe out there!
November 13, 2019
- Sunday, 11/17, Learn to Propagate from Hardwood Cuttings: Join us to learn the magic of creating your own brand-new plants from hardwood cuttings. Workshop led by Levon Durr of the Humboldt Permaculture Guild with hosting support from Cooperation Humboldt and the North Coast Community Garden Collaborative. This event...
October 23, 2019
- Sunday, 10/27, Abuelita's Garden Fall Workday: We will be amending the soil, adding wood chips to paths, weeding, and planting cover crop and other fall and winter plants. Come out and learn new garden skills, meet local gardeners, play in the dirt and enjoy music, food, and drinks! In collaboration with...
September 19, 2019
- Thursday, 9/19: The September meeting of our Board of Directors will occur at our administrative office at 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, 9/20: The Community Bike Kitchen will be tabling at...
August 13, 2019
- Tuesday, 8/13, Queer Coffee House Presents Levia Bishop: Levia will be talking about what it was like to grow up in the streets of Eureka and her path to healing. Levia is a former Raven youth who is now a business owner, mother, and community activist. ...
July 24, 2019
- Monday, July 29/August 5/August 12/etc., Garden Group: Every Monday from 1:00-4:30 p.m., youth aged 10-21 are invited to the RAVEN Project to help us garden and grow healthy veggies! Learn various planting techniques, how to utilize fresh fruits and veggies, cooking skills,...
July 9, 2019
RCAA has a bunch of neat events coming up this month, click the event names for more info!
- Saturday, 7/13, Redwood Pride Waterfront Cleanup: The RAVEN Project is joining up with Redwood Pride for the #TrashTag challenge. Meet at the Adorni Center at 11:00 a.m.; lunch will be provided. Click the link for more details, to be...
How do RCAA's programs impact you?
- Natural Resouces Services (NRS) works directly with Humboldt County community leaders, schools and parents to improve safety and encourage more children to safely walk and bicycle to school. NRS helps coordinate both the Greater Eureka and Humboldt County Safe Routes to School Task Forces.
- Teaching preschoolers oral health care is a result of the TOOTH program.
- Natural Resources Services works with community members, civic groups and local jurisdictions to enhance neighborhood street tree planting and support the development of community forests for public access and watershed protection.