August 13, 2019
- Tuesday, 8/13, Queer Coffee House Presents Levia Bishop: Levia will be talking about what it was like to grow up in the streets of Eureka and her path to healing. Levia is a former Raven youth who is now a business owner, mother, and community activist.
- Monday, 8/19; 8/26; 9/2, Garden Group: Every Monday from 1:00-4:30 p.m., youth aged 10-21 are invited to the RAVEN Project to help us garden and grow healthy veggies! Learn various planting techniques, how to utilize fresh fruits and veggies, cooking skills, and much more.
- Tuesday, 8/20, Queer Coffee House: Anna KTM and fam will be joining this iteration of the ongoing RAVEN Project event, Queer Coffee House, with blackout poetry. This youth-specific event occurs from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 9/7, Reception for the Samoa Vault Artists: Join the Peninsula Community Collaborative and Friends of the Dunes in the honoring of our hardworking Samoa vault artists. Light refreshments will be offered. Meet the artists and celebrate our community!
How do RCAA's programs impact you?
- Natural Resouces Services (NRS) works directly with Humboldt County community leaders, schools and parents to improve safety and encourage more children to safely walk and bicycle to school. NRS helps coordinate both the Greater Eureka and Humboldt County Safe Routes to School Task Forces.
- Teaching preschoolers oral health care is a result of the TOOTH program.
- Natural Resources Services works with community members, civic groups and local jurisdictions to enhance neighborhood street tree planting and support the development of community forests for public access and watershed protection.