July 24, 2019
- Monday, July 29/August 5/August 12/etc., Garden Group: Every Monday from 1:00-4:30 p.m., youth aged 10-21 are invited to the RAVEN Project to help us garden and grow healthy veggies! Learn various planting techniques, how to utilize fresh fruits and veggies, cooking skills, and much more.
- Tuesday, July 30: Queer Coffee House: Trans Workout: Sprout from Body Tuners will be leading this week's Queer Coffee House!
- Thursday, August 1: Fundraiser at Applebee's: If you print out the coupon on the other side of that link and give it to your server, 10% of your sales will go to the RAVEN Project. Gather all your friends and family, have a big night out!
- Tuesday, August 6: Queer Coffee House: Youth aged 10-21 are invited to this week's Queer Coffee House for Blackout Poetry with Anna KTM and fam.
- Friday, August 9: Pints for Nonprofits at Arts and Drafts: Fundraiser, with live music!
- Tuesday, August 13: Queer Coffee House Presents Levia Bishop: Levia will be talking about what it was like to grow up in the streets of Eureka and her path to healing. Levia is a former RAVEN youth who is now a business owner, mother, and community activist.
How do RCAA's programs impact you?
- Natural Resouces Services (NRS) works directly with Humboldt County community leaders, schools and parents to improve safety and encourage more children to safely walk and bicycle to school. NRS helps coordinate both the Greater Eureka and Humboldt County Safe Routes to School Task Forces.
- Teaching preschoolers oral health care is a result of the TOOTH program.
- Natural Resources Services works with community members, civic groups and local jurisdictions to enhance neighborhood street tree planting and support the development of community forests for public access and watershed protection.